Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Final Speech as PMA President

You know there is an old proverb that says, “Blessed is he who has nothing to say and who refrains

from saying it”, but I think on this occasion it does not apply to me. I have something of utmost

importance to say. And I just hope that I can say it well.

Today, it is my great honor and privilege to be given this opportunity to say a few words of impressions and appreciation in behalf of my fellow friends of this program course, the 6rd batch of the Allianze College of medical sciences foundation in pre medical studies.

I can still remember vividly, some month ago when we first come to this college. I can still see the eager anticipation in the eyes of each new student. And , as we were formally introduced to the officials, the lecturers and staff of this institution, I can still recall the feeling of anxiety and anxiousness in waiting on what will be in store for us in the next few month. Of course, in that day I cannot forget the hearty welcome lunch – because that’s my very first big meal in my stay here.

Then as the days progressed, we also progressed in terms of medical knowledge and practicle skills. We consistently learn new term and found out that we can now do things more easily than what we have been doing for all this years.

after a few days, we began to open up ourselves and began to try to ask questions. Now perhaps, you already know what you don’t know before. Then the feeling of anxiety and anticipation we had before has now been replaced by a sense of joyful accomplishment although there is also that equal measure of sadness and gloom.

We are happy because, we will concluded our course in a few days more, we will soon receive our certificates and soon we will be continuing our study as medical student.

Finally, according to my teacher before, there are three types of people in this world: first - there are people who watch things happen, second – there are people who wonder what happened and lastly there people who make things happen. You always choose where you belong. But for today I would like to say congratulations to all the people and stakeholder behind this program – you always belong to the third group – the one make things happen, the one who had make a difference of other people’s lives..

And so today allow me say our thanks to many people who made the difference in our 1 year journey and sojourn in this great college. To the administrative staff of ACMS – the invisible people behind the scene. We know that your contribution towards this program is beyond measure. Although we never had that much time to know and acquaint with each other but we know you are there for us. Anyway, its never too late, we still have one afternoon to know all of you.

Once again thank you for what you have added to our personal lives here. You’ve added thoughtfulness, fun and a whole lot. In exchange, we want you to take a little of us with you—our great admiration and genuine friendship.

Lastly, to the students. . . You know, that we came from different backgrounds and culture. Our
diversity was always visible but for a short period of time, we come understand each other and come to
work together as one – and at the same time learned also from each other experiences. I know you will
surely miss each others. Isn’t it amazing that how for very short period of time – we came to
value friendship and fellowship. And for sure we will value and treasure these experiences
forever – even when we are at our respective homes. So guys – everyone is waiting for your e-mails.

Finally I want to share again to you some lines of a song I know. You know - I love music but its just that the music doesn’t love me so I hope you’ll be patient with me
today. The title of these song is “Farewell” and please allow me to share a few of its lines. And it
goes like this. . . . .

With you, my friends with you

We say farewell but not goodbye. Thank you




No comments:

Post a Comment